The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Checkout Bug? (UOE & Past Due Subscription Amount)

GeoffreyGeoffrey Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited May 2013
Hi guys. The other day we had a batch of subscriptions process, and there were a few card declines. We have automated notification for failed transactions set up through OrderDesk, and one of the customers who had been informed of his card decline went ahead and updated his saved payment card information via the "Update Info" checkout. He then wrote to us saying that everything should be good to go now, with the expectation that we would reprocess the subscription charge and send him his goods.

In lieu of sending him another link and telling him that he needs to pay the "Past Due Amount" himself via the checkout, I attempted to just process the "Past Due Amount" transaction for him using Unified Order Entry... But it's not working. When I click the checkout form submission button, nothing happens, and the developer console logs the following error lines:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined (checkout.js:1981)
validateAndSubmit (checkout.js:1981)
validateAndSubmit
FC.checkout.validateAndSubmit
onclick (checkout.php:3285)

And the error flagged in the "checkout.js" on line 1981 looks like this:
// custom code for auto completes
			if (obj.name == "customer_country" || obj.name == "customer_state" || obj.name == "shipping_country" || obj.name == "shipping_state") {
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
				jQuery("#" + obj.name + "_name")[0].focus();

checkout.php line 3285 is simply the submit button, and there's nothing special about it:
<button id="fc_complete_order_button" class="fc_button" type="button" value="Place Order <span>››</span>" onclick="FC.checkout.validateAndSubmit()">Place Order <span>››</span></button>

I'm not sure what this is about, but I'd appreciate some help getting it resolved. Please let me know any steps I can take to fix this, or offer any further information as to what the problem may be here. Thanks!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Geoffrey,

Could you please whisper me the subscription ID for this particular customer? I'd like to take a look at it in the context of your checkout.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Geoffrey,

Ok I think I can see what's going on - I'm just not sure *why* it's doing it. I'm going to ask another team member to take a look and someone will be in touch soon.
  • Ok. Sounds good. I will await further response.