The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Duplicate order emails (seemingly random)

crumbscrumbs Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited May 2013
FC works great except seemingly at random I receive duplicate Order Email notifations in my inbox. This doesn't happen all the time, maybe one out of 8-10 orders gets a duplicate email. It's only a dupe email too, the card isn't charged twice, the transaction only shows once in the FC transaction register. Additionally, I looked for patterns in the dupes - maybe customer was ordering a certain item, maybe international shipping, etc - but can not find any pattern in the dupes.

Is this a problem for others? Is there any fix for it?

thanks!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @crumbs,

Could you let us know which store this is for, and also the id's of a few transactions that you received duplicate receipt emails for? Feel free to whisper if it's private.
  • crumbscrumbs Member
    Thank you for looking into this for me.

The store I am working for is truscience and examples of recent dupes are: 72180133, 72127491, 71988169, 73015727
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @crumbs,

So after looking at your store - any order that contains products from different categories you're going to get an email per unique product. This is because you've set up the admin email to be sent for each category - so that will be sent per category in the order.

A better approach would simply be to set the receipt email to be bcc-ed to the admin email by checking the checkbox on the email page of your store admin - and then disable the admin emails on each of the categories. That way, you'll just be sent the email once.