how to change the text in the shipping/handling portion of the cart/checkout

drcontempodrcontempo Member
in Help edited May 2013
i was wondering if i am able to change the text in the cart/checkout from "shipping and handling" to just "shipping," and where do I go for that?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @drcontempo,

You can change all language strings from the 'language' section of your stores FoxyCart administration. One thing to note - if you're using the standard template, the section headings of the form are actually images - so you'll need to either change the image by overwriting it in CSS, or remove those images using CSS as well.
  • @fc-adam

Alright, what if I want to go further, to change the label of the input in the form:

We need to modify the value of the “shipping cost” label element from “Shipping & Handling” to “Shipping”.
    Is there an easy way to do this other than doing a “jquery” inline editing after the form is loaded?
    We need to modify the value of the “shipping cost” label element from “Shipping & Handling” to “Shipping”.
    Is there an easy way to do this other than doing a “jquery” inline editing after the form is loaded?

<li class="fc_row fc_shipping_cost">
    <label for="shipping_cost" class="fc_pre">Shipping & Handling</label>
    <span id="shipping_cost_formatted" class="fc_text">$0.00</span>
    <input value="0" type="hidden" name="shipping_cost" id="shipping_cost" />
    </li>
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @drcontempo,

As I mentioned, you can change that language string in the languages section of your stores FoxyCart administration.