Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

how to change the text in the shipping/handling portion of the cart/checkout

drcontempodrcontempo Member
in Help edited May 2013
i was wondering if i am able to change the text in the cart/checkout from "shipping and handling" to just "shipping," and where do I go for that?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @drcontempo,

You can change all language strings from the 'language' section of your stores FoxyCart administration. One thing to note - if you're using the standard template, the section headings of the form are actually images - so you'll need to either change the image by overwriting it in CSS, or remove those images using CSS as well.
  • @fc-adam

Alright, what if I want to go further, to change the label of the input in the form:

We need to modify the value of the “shipping cost” label element from “Shipping & Handling” to “Shipping”.
    Is there an easy way to do this other than doing a “jquery” inline editing after the form is loaded?
    We need to modify the value of the “shipping cost” label element from “Shipping & Handling” to “Shipping”.
    Is there an easy way to do this other than doing a “jquery” inline editing after the form is loaded?

<li class="fc_row fc_shipping_cost">
    <label for="shipping_cost" class="fc_pre">Shipping & Handling</label>
    <span id="shipping_cost_formatted" class="fc_text">$0.00</span>
    <input value="0" type="hidden" name="shipping_cost" id="shipping_cost" />
    </li>
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @drcontempo,

As I mentioned, you can change that language string in the languages section of your stores FoxyCart administration.