Store Placement within Domain

Johnny4BJohnny4B Member
in Help edited May 2013
Hi

Is there any issue placing the store within subdomain, our client would like their store seperate from the main website so we plan to use shop.mywebsite.com

I ask cause I am sure I read before someone else having trouble on a subdomain

Thanks

John
Comments
  • Anyone else using a subdomian to host the store, not a custom one for the checkout, just the store itself in a subdomian.

I am bumping this cause we are having issues at the backend even trying to HMAC our products, and for the love of me I cannot figure out why, its the same code we use on every other store

I am wondering if this is in relation to the fact the store URL we have set up is http://www.shop.mywebsite.com ..

Thanks

John
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I don't think it would be a problem at all. Sometimes when you switch accounts on the same domain the cookies can get a little confused. Make sure you are posting to the right store.

If you can whisper a url to your dev environment, that would be helpful.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    edited May 2013
    (responding to whisper)

So the page you listed is an HTML page so you wouldn't be able to do the automatic HMAC validation (would have to be .php). As for why the automatic encode didn't work, did you have validation turned on when you ran the encoder?

EDIT: Also, it looks like you haven't configured anything for your cart template yet. That might be the bigger problem.
  • Yes,we are aware of the automatic HMAC validation issue (or non issue, we know we are usinhg HTML hence why we where testing the manual validation), we have not even tried that as of yet as we where using the manual for testing purposes.

Surely we don't need the cart set up to HMAC a few products within a test environment, we have not needed to do so before if I recall.

Just to stress, we are in test mode, we are only getting things in place before we roll out the full website,.

So, excluding the cart ( as once again we are in test mode and that will be integrated at a later stage) ... the problem still lies with manually HMAC products ...

I am pretty sure, actually 99.9% sure that the code snippet above should validate no problem, but its not

So a few questions, are we correct in adding the domain for the store in the backend as above sparkweb

And if so, why wont the products validate using the manual HMAC ....

This is not the first time we have used FC but yet the first time this has happened, I am assuming we are doing something wrong, we have four stores out there happily churning client money utilising Foxy Cart, a mixture of manual and automatic validation !!!

BTW, thanks for your help so far, it may seem I am not appreciative, I am, just up against a tight schedule :-) (oh, that old tale again)

Cheers

John
  • Johnny4BJohnny4B Member
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, just to add, yes we did have validation turned on when we ran the encoder ... we always turn it on by default when setting up basic parameters within a store
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @johnny4B - your FoxyCart store domain is wrong in your form action - you have "store" but it's "shop". Fixing that should fix that up.
  • Adam

Thanks, so sorry for wasting your time .... I did say i knew we where doing something wrong ...

That is what happens when teams work together without communicating

Thanks

John