The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Is it possible to multiply shipping costs by a number?

ChubbRckChubbRck Member
in Help edited June 2013
Hi all,

Was hoping for some help on this problem - I'm building a store where I have an item that ships every month... it's a membership to a monthly club. We were hoping to charge the shipping for each of the shipments all at once... so what I'd like to do is multiply the calculated shipping costs by a number, say 6 for a 6 month membership and 12 for a 12-month membership. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much,

Nick
Comments
  • Please disregard, I found it in the docs!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ChubbRck,

Glad you found it - for future reference for other people seeing this thread, there is a snippet here for modifying live rates on the checkout: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/live_rate_shipping_modification
  • A follow-up question that the docs do not address, is it possible to 'chain' updates to shipping costs? For instance, my client wants to multiply a rate and then add a flat $10 fee, so I'd want to do something like "*6+10"

Can that be included on one line, or can it also be accomplished by using two consecutive FC.customLiveShipping.update lines?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited December 2013
    @ChubbRck,

Good question! The snippet isn't built for chained updates like that, you'd need to make mulitple calls to the update function.