The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Can't figure out why I'm getting empty cart and Cart Validation Errors

in Help edited June 2013
Hi,
I've got this site:
http://sandbox.intrepidrealist.com/aya-papaya

Before enabling Cart validation, I would click add to cart and get no product in the checkout page. Just a message saying "Your cart is empty". After enabling Cart validation I new get hordes of cart validation errors:
    Cart Validation Error: price
    Cart Validation Error: image
    Cart Validation Error: url
    Cart Validation Error: quantity_min
    Cart Validation Error: name
    Cart Validation Error: code
    Cart Validation Error: weight
    Cart Validation Error: quantity

I have no idea why this is happening.

Thanks!
Comments
  • Poked around some more:
    I unchecked this and now it's working:

Use CSRF Checking on the Checkout?

So all good!
  • How do I mark posts resolved?

Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @IntrepidRealist,

I'm glad you got it sorted - but to be honest I'm not sure why unchecking that setting fixed your ability to add to cart.
  • Hmm...This has just happened again.
    It appears that one shop is accessing the datafeed of another.
    I'm working on two shops: Shop A and Shop B, on remote servers. I'm using the Foxyshop plugin with Wordpress.

After working all afternoon on Shop A's cart and checkout templates I decided to work on shop B. Well, I noticed that there was an item in shop B's cart. I clicked to view it and it's showing me shop A's cart! I emptied it out and added an item to the cart and I'm getting nothing and this error:
        Cart Validation Error: price
        Cart Validation Error: image
        Cart Validation Error: url
        Cart Validation Error: quantity_min
        Cart Validation Error: name
        Cart Validation Error: code
        Cart Validation Error: weight
        Cart Validation Error: Stone
        Cart Validation Error: quantity

This may have something to do with having two windows open in the browser with each shops Foxycart admin?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Odd,
    The behavior disappeared again. I think maybe there's some cache overlap when changing between shops and it's only temporary.

edited August 2013
    @IntrepidRealist,

I believe at this time it's not possible to work on two separate stores concurrently in the admin - any changes you make will be triggered for the last store admin page you loaded - so if you're working on shop A in one tab, then open a new tab and switch to shop B, if you change something in shop A's tab and save, that will actually save the changes onto shop B.

In terms of the carts, are you working on both stores on the same domain? If so, it sounds like there is a session bleed between the two carts as the cookies are existing on the same domain.
  • yes they are in different folders on my test server's subdomain.
    I'll work on one shop at a time from now on!

Thanks!
    @IntrepidRealist,

If that's the case, you may want to look at the cookiepath information on this page: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/javascript