The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Subscription XML

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited June 2013
Hi Guys,

Are there any issues with the Subscription XML right now? I'm sending it to a script that was written some time back, and has been working correctly for some time. I've made not changes to the script. The task of the script is simply to capture the XML, and copy the encrypted file to a folder for processing by a cron job. i noticed today that the encrypted file stopped being copied around June 8 (I think that's right, I deleted since then). When I forced the subscription XML to be sent to the script, the file was not copied to the folder. I also noticed that if I forced an error in the script, i.e. echoed the word 'ping' or made it die without echoing anything, that even though the script did not echo "foxy", my FC admin returned a success message without errors. I've checked all of the DNS settings to make sure that the URL is indeed directed to the script I'm editing, and everything looks correct.

Any thoughts? I'll whisper the store url to a couple of the team members. Thanks.

Joey
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston,

There's no issues that I'm aware of with the subscription XML - but I'll check in with the team if any changes were made to the datafeeds. As you're on 0.7.2 though, I doubt any change would have been made to the datafeed for that version, but I'll confirm.

Also, a key thing to note is that the subscription datafeed will only error if a response code of anything other than 200 is returned to our processor. It's different from the transaction datafeed in that regard, and we plan to unify both the transaction and sub datafeeds in an upcoming version to make that easier.

All that said though, looking at your stores error log, I'm seeing a lot of these errors:
    Error sending subscription datafeed. Error: Operation timed out after 20000 milliseconds with 0 bytes receivedError sending subscription datafeed. Your script responded with an HTTP Status code of 100

Does that relate to your testing different approaches? Are you seeing any errors from your side in your servers logs?
  • Thanks for pointing out that error, Adam. When I sent the sub feed manually, it gave me a success message in foxycart, but encrypted file wasn't copied into the correct folder. I'm thoroughly baffled at this point, but will continue digging.

Here's something related I just PM Brett:
    it seems like your datafeed is not returning errors when "foxy" is not return, or when extra data is also returned. I'm working on two unrelated sites right now, and I've noticed that both of them have been returning extemporaneous data, or nothing at all, but I haven't been getting any datafeed errors in the admin

Your explanation on sub feed errors explains part of my concern here, but the other site is not getting errors on standard transaction feeds, even though the script is outputting a benign PHP error. The script is actually working, but I would've expected your admin to shout about the PHP error. I'll whisper you the store url.
    @jlivingston,

Are you able to confirm that the script is actually returning something other than 'foxy'? If it isn't just returning 'foxy', it should definitely be erroring and adding an entry in your stores error log.
  • I'll double check and get back to you.
  • Hi Adam. I just checked into this, and it appears that the error message may have been produced by the test script that I was using to send test XML to actual script. The test script uses an inline version of rc4crypt, whereas the actual script uses the version included in the PHP version installed on the server. I believe the inline version of rc4crypt was producing the error.

Sorry for the false alarm.
    @jlivingston,

No worries - glad you were able to get it sorted.