The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Emergency Help Needed

swinginsamswinginsam Member
in Help edited June 2013
One of my clients' stores has experienced a sudden change in the way that the product options are being pushed to the cart. With no changes on my end, the "size" attribute is suddenly not being pushed to the cart and, thus, not being sent out in the XML object (data feed).

Two transactions ago, I would get::

<transaction_detail_options>
<transaction_detail_option>
<product_option_name><![CDATA[SKU]]></product_option_name>
<product_option_value><![CDATA[BB-1-1-0-1]]></product_option_value>
<price_mod><![CDATA[0]]></price_mod>
<weight_mod><![CDATA[0.000]]></weight_mod>
</transaction_detail_option>
<product_option_name><![CDATA[size]]></product_option_name>
<product_option_value><![CDATA[1]]></product_option_value>
</transaction_detail_options>

which, for each item, are the required attributes necessary for sending the shipping information and request of to the warehouse. However now, I am only getting::

<transaction_detail_options>
<product_option_name><![CDATA[SKU]]></product_option_name>
<product_option_value><![CDATA[BB-2-2-0-1]]></product_option_value>
</transaction_detail_options>

which is missing the size option, the last digit in the product SKU.

I have checked the form that pushes to the cart and the input and value are correctly populated and encrypted (well, I can't read the encryption, but I'm assuming it's good since I am receiving no console or cart errors.) ::

<input id="quantity" name="quantity||127f1b6c435a588ce145574786b06e0db3b8392c21d3475a365e7bd6bd4ca919||open" value="1" type="number" step="1" max="999" min="1">

but I am no longer seeing the size attribute in the cart either. Again, I made no changes to any of the code or HTML. Can you think of a reason for the sudden change?

Any help would be appreciated as all transaction shipments are now failing to be requested at the warehouse.

Store BAKBONE LLC

Thanks.
Comments
  • I've hard-coded a work around to get us up and running again but i'm not in love with it.

It does, however, give more time to figure this issue out.

Again, anything you can find...

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @swinginsam,

Looking at your sites add to cart form, I don't see any option in the form for "size". Are you sure someone hasn't removed the size input from your add to cart?
    @swinginsam,

Actually I do see a size input - but it's outside your add to cart form, so it's not going to be included in the add to cart.
  • You know, you're exactly right - I've been tracing through so many ajax calls, queries, JSON and XML streams that I didn't look at the HTML structure in detail.

Well now, I'll just have to find the person who did that, insert one dope slap and all will be right with the world.

fixed.

Much appreciated. It's always something completely stupid.
  • As always, the support team at FoxyCart is far beyond what one expects today. Kinda makes you feel like it 1948 all over again.

Many thanks Adam.
    @swinginsam,

Glad you were able to get it sorted! It looks like a great product.