Why does it ask for CVV code when no payment is needed?

tushar_bsiltushar_bsil Member
in Help edited June 2013
Hello,

I added coupon to my cart to offer product for free, the order total is $0.0 and it does say no payment needed, however, clicking on "confirm your order" gives error:

Verification Code (?)
Please enter your card security code, which is the 3 digit code on the back of your card (for Visa, Mastercard, and Discover), or the 4 digit code on the front (for American Express).

Is there any settings/options to avoid this error?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited June 2013
    @tushar_bsil,

It looks like you've uncovered a small bug there related to your use of SSO and $0 orders. I'll document it up on our side to get fixed asap, but in the meantime, if you include this on your checkout, that will get around the bug for the interim.
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function cvv_required_check() {
    	var orderTotal = parseFloat(jQuery("#order_total").val());
    	if (orderTotal > 0 || FC.checkout.config.isUpdateCustomer || FC.checkout.config.hasSubscriptions) {
    		FC.checkout.config.cvv2Required = false;
    	}
    }
    FC.checkout.overload('validateAndSubmit', 'cvv_required_check', null);
    </script>

• Thanks Adam, I will use the suggested workaround.
  • Adam, placing this function throws "Uncaught ReferenceError: paymentInfoRequired is not defined" error and hence fails to process confirm order button. I placed this script block in the header section just below the FC js file links
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @tushar_bsil,

Sorry - that's my fault. Grab an updated copy of the snippet above.
  • Thanks, actually that is what I did, I looked into your .js file and got the relevant code from that function into my script.