The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Niether jQuery.ajax nor jQuery.getJSON firing in checkout

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited July 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get some javascript to phone home to my clients server, but I can't jQuery.ajax working with dataType: 'jsonp', nor can I get jQuery.getJSON working with "?callback=?". I chatted with Brett, Luke, and I believe Adam, in the chatroom about a week ago, and I think it was Luke who pointed out that the client server didn't have a valid SSL cert, and that this was likely the cause. However, we had the client install a valid cert, and the problem continues.

I did some more research today, and compared my script to another client's checkout, whom I also wrote some ajax script for, which phones home to their server. What I found was that the previous script that was once working, is now no longer working either. I know this script was working at one time, but now it's behaving like the script I'm writing now, i.e. simply doesn't seem to be firing.

I want to emphasize this point: the ajax script is producing zero errors in the console, nor is it showing any requests being made to a URL. It is as though the script is not there at all.

Is there anything in the checkout which might be preventing custom ajax calls from firing?
Comments
  • Hold on, guys. I figured out what was going on with the previously written script, and it appears to be working now, though it's still not showing traffic in the console. Did a bit more reading, and I guess JSONP calls don't show in the console? Strange.

Troubleshooting continues on the new script.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited July 2013
    @jlivingston,

Yeah that was me - could you whisper me the URL to refresh my memory and do some more testing with your new endpoint URL?

You should be able to see JSONP call results in the console - at least in Chome dev tools you can.
  • Hi Adam. Sorry, I meant to update this thread yesterday. I finally figured it out. JSONP traffic actually doesn't show up in the Console tab of firebug, but it does show in the NET tab. Once I figured that out, troubleshooting was much more fruitful, and I was able to get it all working.

Thanks again.