The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Need to Export products from One FoxyShop store and import them into another

brucepbrucep Member
in Help edited July 2013
Does anyone know on an export tool that's been adapted to export products from the wordpress plugin, FoxyShop?

I'm on a 3.5.x version of Wordpress and a 4.x version of FoxyShop with a 1.0 version of foxycart.
Tagged:
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Thanks for checking in. What you'll want to do is to export your WordPress posts using the WordPress import/export tool and just select the foxyshop_products posts. Then you'll be able to import them on the other installation.
  • brucepbrucep Member
    thanks. that worked.
  • brucepbrucep Member
    Another question for you sparkweb.

I've changed the default quantity (what displays initially in the quantity box, not the minimum quantity) in the helper functions files but would prefer to do this with a hook. You wouldn't by chance have something that would do that? That would alleviate me from having to go in and change the helper file whenever I upgrade.

if ($showQuantity == 2) $write .= foxyshop_quantity(10, $beforeVariation, $afterVariation);

I still need to able to modify the minimum quantity separately when required.

@brucep I think what I would do is to set your foxyshop_product_variations(0) like that so it doesn't show quantity. Then just put your foxyshop_quantity(10) into your template before it. That would give you the most control without having to edit the core.
  • I did this export using the wordpress tools to migrate my foxyshop products to a new site and none of the images came with it when I imported into the new site... is this normal?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Sincerely
    Did you use the standard WordPress export/import process? I think there's an option in there to import all images. Are the images attached to the products themselves?