The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Customizing the cart images "your cart", "update", and "checkout"

blicht454blicht454 Member
in General edited July 2013
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to customize the cart images that appear in the colorbox popup. I'd like to upload my own images to better match the branding and theme of my site.

Specifically I'm referring to the "your cart", "update", "checkout", and "continue shopping" images.

Also, how can I access and change the CSS of the colorbox (typefaces, colors, etc)?

Any ideas?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @blicht454,

So working with the cart template happens in two places. Firstly, the colorbox modal window can be changed on your own website - so changing the color/size of the actual modal window.

If you're wanting to change anything that is displayed within the modal - so the actual cart - you do that via the cart template which you can access through your stores FoxyCart administration. It's there that you'll be able to change the images used for the your cart, update and continue shopping images.

How to do that - you'd simply create your own CSS file which is included after the default styling and overwrite those defaults. So you'd have the images on your own server, but when you cache in the template, we will securely cache those images as well.

For details on working with the templates, see this page: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/templates - the screencasts might be a great starting point for you as well.