The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Default Shipping Method

rob_alcorob_alco Member
in Help edited July 2013
We've added "Customer Pickup" as an additional shipping option (also using USPS & FedEx).
The problem is that "Customer Pickup" has become the default shipping method - which we do not want. Too many customers aren't checking a method and winding up with a choice that is incorrect.

I found in the languages options where I can change the text - and it reports that the default value for shipping is "customer pickup" - even after I have turned this option off.

So, can I pick something OTHER than "customer pickup" as a default value? how?
Can I, optionally, choose to have no shipping method checked and force the customer to choose a method?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @rob_alco,

Out of the box, we don't automatically select a shipping method - the customer has to select one themselves. It sounds like you possibly have some custom javascript in your checkout that is selecting the first option - which will be customer pickup. If that's the case, you'll need to change the javascript to either not automatically select an option, or not select the customer pickup option.