Error in Order Confirmation Sent To

in Bugs & Feature Requests edited July 2013
Hi,
I am facing a problem on secure checkout page.
When i enter a non-registered email, it says Your confirmation will be sent to that email
But when i enter the non-registered email again after an registered email, then it asks to create password for the non-registered email.
Why it is happening? Is it a bug or i am missing something?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi piyushbalapure.
    Sorry for the issues you are running into. Do you mind sending us store/link details so we can take a look? Feel free to whisper if need be.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @piyushbalapure,

Could you confirm for us exactly what you're seeing here? If I'm understanding you correctly, you first complete a transaction as a guest (ie: not creating an account), and then when you go to check out again with that same email address, it asks if you'd like to create a password for that email address - is that right?

If that's the case, if your checkout is set to allow both guest and account based checkouts, but default to account, then when a customer enters an email that isn't tied to an account, they will be prompted to create one as the first option. They'll still be able to switch to a guest account at that point.