USPS Changes

EileenLeverEileenLever Member
in Important News edited July 2013
There has been a change with the post office website check out that has caused an error with all my priority mail orders. Are you aware of this and fixing them. And how do we fix the orders???
Comments
  • oskayoskay Member
    It's not just priority mail; many other mail classes seem to be affected.

(There may be other, related issues as well-- it looks like our UPS shipping options may not be working either, but I'll wait until the dust settles on the USPS part first.)
  • So what do we do about it as far processing these orders? The only way we process the orders because they won't go through re-feed is print them out and manually put them in our orderbase processing.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    USPS made some changes on the 28th and when we looked into it, it didn't seem like there was anything needed on our end, but we must have been mistaken.

@ElieenLever: Can you give me more details what error you're seeing and where it is? Are you using a third party tool of some kind? We'll make the changes on our end needed for the shipping services. If you could provide us with the transaction ids that need to be updated, we can probably adjust those for you as well.

Some of the details from their announcement:
    https://www.usps.com/making-priority-mail-better.htm

Express Mail will be called Priority Mail Express™. It remains our fastest product available, offering the same great service as Express Mail just with a new name.
    Express Mail International® will be renamed Priority Mail Express International™.

Q: Will there be any changes to the new Priority Mail online shipping label?
    A: Yes, the label will note if your package is expected to arrive in 1, 2, or 3 days.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We just pushed out some changes. Part of the problem has to do with USPS adding more double-encoded trademark strings to their API output. We used to escape it, but they changed it from &reg to ® along with other changes.
  • Luke,
    One of the 3 changes USPS made over the weekend is called a "day specific delivery". I believe this is causing the additional verbage after the USPS Priority Mail selection. Here is an example of what I see on Foxycart when our customer selects USPS.
    USPS Priority Mail 2-Day<:sup>:™:lt:/sup>$5.85
    This additional information causing our system to put all USPS orders in an "error status" which is really cumbersome.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for responding, Eileen. Those are part of the characters we're now stripping out. We'll look to see if we can adjust this for orders that have already taken place.

What system are you using?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We've cleaned up the data for transactions that took place today and yesterday so refeeding transactions should work as expected.