using datafeeds + multiple integrations

in Help edited November 2008
i would like to use the integrations for foxyback, foxycart_inventory, quickbooks and campaign monitor using the XML data feed. is this even possible?!
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sure. How good of a developer are you?

:)

The example integration scripts involve parsing and dealing with the XML data feed. What I'd recommend is using the example that dumps the XML into a database and then run your processes off the data in the database. I'm not sure, but FoxyBack may already do something similar to this. In fact, it might be a good recommendation for the FoxyBack developers. If it could fire off other processes and send them the datafeed XML stored in a database... that might be interesting. MySQL triggers might make it even more interesting.

Either way, you should be able to parse the XML and do whatever you want as you loop through it. If you have to interact with too many services, however, the datafeed will probably time out on you before your scripts gets a chance to respond with "foxy". That's where storing the data in your own database and manipulating it locally comes into play.
  • Sure. How good of a developer are you?

we're about to find out! i will be sure to share what i learn and hopefully make a contribution to this great community.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Please let us know if you need any help along the way. Once you start looping through the data you should be able to do pretty much whatever you want to. If you take a look at the various integrations, the "guts" of them can be stripped out and combined into one script as needed.

Remember to have fun. :)
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    FYI, the latest FoxyBack should have an example of how to use MailChimp right in with the initial XML processing, so it's definitely possible. Please use the FoxyBack mailing list to get help on that, or the MODx forum thread for FoxyBack, but it's all definitely possible.