The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Custom Shipping Options - placement on page

dotbdotbdotbdotb Member
in Help edited August 2013
I have followed the wiki on custom shipping options - but rather than placing it after ^^checkout^^ is it possible to place it within ^^checkout^ - ideally after their billing or shipping address?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dotbdotb,

It'll be moved to appear before the totals and after the addresses after the page is cached and loaded as a true checkout.
  • I am confused and having trouble achieving this. Right now I have two divs for columns on left and right.
    <div id="verre-cart"> ^^cart^^</div>
          <div id="verre-checkout">  ^^checkout^^</div><div id="fc_custom_shipping_methods_container">
    </div>

So to actually insert it within ^^checkout^^ does that mean I have to use twigs?

Thanks @fc_adam
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dotbdotb,

Not at all - as long as you wrap it within the ^^custom_begin^^ and ^^custom_end^^ placeholders, it will move it to the correct spot automatically. If you just insert that code from the wiki after your ^^checkout^^ placeholder, and save the page then load up your checkout, you should see that the field is added after the address fields and before the totals.
  • oh that is what was going on - i removed those begin and end tags. I ended up doing it with jquery. Thanks @fc_adam
    $('<h2 id="shipping-section">Shipping Options</h2><div class="fc_row fc_shipping_methods_container" id="fc_shipping_methods_container"><div class="fc_radio_group_container fc_row fc_shipping_methods" id="fc_shipping_methods"><input type="hidden" value="0" id="shipping_service_id" name="shipping_service_id"><input type="text" style="display:none;" value="" id="shipping_service_description" name="shipping_service_description"><input type="text" value="" id="shipping_details" name="Shipping_Details" style="display:none;" /><div class="fc_shipping_methods_inner" id="fc_shipping_methods_inner"></div><label style="display: none;" class="fc_error" for="fc_shipping_methods">Please select a shipping method.</label></div></div>').insertAfter('#fc_customer_info_container');