Making Cart and Checkout "secure" when using off-site css and pics

mikeyoungmikeyoung Member
in Help edited November 2008
I've customized my cart and checkout pages using my own css and images stored on my server. I noticed that after I set it up like this and I test in IE that it returns the 'some items are not secure' warning. I'm assuming this is because of these items on my site. This could be a little disconcerting to a customer. Is there any way I could eliminate this message and make the cart and checkout pages completely secure? Thanks-
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey mikeyoung. That's why we developed our automagiccache system. If you point your cart and checkout templates to the URL on your site and cache your template, it should rewrite all image references to use our cache.php system to store the images securely on our server. If you click the little "?" icons in the admin, there should be more help available there. More info can be found here as well: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:automagicache

Please let us know if that answers your question or if we can do something to make things more clear.
  • Thanks for the fast response. I think I've gotten it all figured out now. I do have a couple questions though that are mainly just housekeeping issues.

*Should I keep the pics stored on my site or does the cache make that unnecessary?

*Do I need to keep the templates that the cached templates were based on or can I delete or move them to an archive folder?

*I don't need to call the css anymore in my site header do I? I've found I need to use / call the two that are used for foxycart cart modal but do I still need to call the styles.css one?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    1 & 2) yes, you should keep those files publicly available on your server that way if you have to make a quick change, you can just make the change on your server and recache everything in the FoxyCart admin.

3) Depends on what CSS you're referring to. If you look though the sample code, there is a css file that you do need which determines the style of your FoxyBox cart (sounds like you figured that out). As for any custom styles you have on your checkout, as long as you're not using them throughout your site, I guess you wouldn't need them anywhere but the checkout page. Most developers, however, build one stylesheet that is consistent across the whole site. This would then be the same css file you use for the checkout and for the rest of your site. You don't have to do it that way, but it might make future changes easier.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Quick note on #1: Definitely leave your images, since we make no guarantee that images will remain cached forever. (You shouldn't have to worry about anything, but if they're not there and for some reason the cache gets cleared or emptied then we'll need them there to recache.)