The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Cart keeps breaking

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited September 2013
Hello,

I'm installing a cart on a site, and when I save the cart template, it works for a while, and then out of seemingly nowhere, instead of showing the cart, it shows only this error:
There was an error displaying this content. Your order has completed successfully and the store has been contacted about this issue.

I have done nothing in the interim, and all I have to do, to make it go away, is to go to the admin and save the cart template, with no changes.

This started when I was simply selecting the bullet point that loaded the default TWIG template. I tried using the non-TWIG template, and the same problem happened. I tried connecting the template to a file on my server and caching the template, and the problem persisted.

Please give me your thoughts on this matter. I'll whisper the URL and other details to some of you.
Comments
  • Same issue here. Cart works just fine and then stops loading suddenly. Colorbox opens perfectly, it just doesn't show anything. Then I can save whatever page I'm on in the Foxycart admin and it starts loading again. Any suggestions?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We'll take a look and update this thread as soon as we know more.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    OK, I just dug into this issue and worked with Fred, our sysadmin, to figure out what was going on. It seems in the switch back from our TX to AZ datacenter on Thursday (see http://status.foxycart.com/), a job was still running which would synchronize folders on AZ from TX. Once we switched back to AZ, changes to those template files were being blown away because they didn't exist in TX.

I just turned off that synchronization job. If you go ahead and cache your templates again, it should be working correctly now.

Please reply back and let us know.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @MHoffpauir and @jlivingston Is this working for you now? You'll need to re-save your templates in the FoxyCart admin.
  • Thank you SO much for addressing this on a weekend. My project needs to launch tomorrow (already spent a lot of ad money promoting the launch) and it appears that this corrected my problem!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for replying back. It's frustrating when we make a mistake, but gratifying to know we are continually improving our processes and always react as quickly as we can to set things right.
  • Hi Luke. Thanks for the attention, and my apologies for the delayed response. I wanted to wait a bit to see if it would break again, but I didn't mean to wait this long. It appears that it's working fine now though.

Thanks again!
  • I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I have suddenly started getting a 404 on my checkout page, which can be resolved by removing the fcsid. @luke If there's a way to get a speedy resolution here, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @yougoteric,

The issue relates to the fcsid parameter being included preceded by an ampersand. It's making the URL like this: "/checkout&fcsid=3fs..." - which isn't a valid URL. It needs to be preceded by a question mark to make the fcsid a URL parameter.

I think it's because of your custom set up for the checkout approach. If you put a question mark after "checkout" in those URL's, that should fix the issue you're seeing.