The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Question on coupon discount

gretchengretchen Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2013
I feel silly posting this one, but haven't been able to figure out how to get a simple coupon to work. I want to offer a 25% discount on everything in the cart, as long as at least 2 items are in the cart. Using "discount on a percentage, based on the quantity" and "allunits|2-25", the coupon is applying a 25% per item. So 2 items is 50% off, 3 items is 75% off, 4 items is 100% off, etc. (No discount is being given for 1 item).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @gretchen,

Could you let us know what store this is for? I'd love to take a look at it in action. Feel free to whisper it if it's private.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @gretchen,

Ah ok - yeah, I see. You don't actually want allunits for that discount. allunits is for applying a discount individually to each product, so your coupon, for 2 products is applying 25% to both products - or 50% to the total.

Just drop the "allunits|" from your coupon to make it default to "single" for coupons, and you'll just get a 25% discount for 2 or more products.