The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Free orders slipping through

mreeemreee Member
in Help edited September 2013
I currently have free shipping on my store. However if people order a free sample they have to pay shipping.

The problem that I have is some how people are getting free orders. They get the free sample and do not have to pay shipping.

I have done a lot of testing and fixed a few problems but free orders are still coming through. Do you know what may be causing this?

Thanks
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mreee - without seeing your checkout it's hard to tell. Make sure you include what store your query relates to to help speed up us being able to help you.

That said - looking back at your previous threads, is this related to 1hourbreak? If so - could you let us know where the page to get the free sample is?
    @mreee,

I actually talked with Vu via the helpdesk as well about this issue - essentially I wasn't able to replicate the issue at all, I was always seeing the correct charges for shipping. One suggestion I had was this:

The only thing I can think of trying (and as it stands this line isn't a problem), but you could change this line:
    postage = 4.9 * (fc_json.product_count)

To this:
    postage = 4.9 + (4.9 * (fc_json.product_count - 1))

By taking that approach, the postage should always be at least 4.9. Then, if you ever see a domestic order with a coupon and multiple products but only $4.90 shipping, it somehow comes down to that line.
  • Thanks! I usually have free shipping if they are not using the free coupon. Will this line still allow for free shipping on regular domestic orders?
    @mreee - it won't change anything really about your shipping set up - just makes sure it at least starts with $4.90 as a shipping cost for that specific condition in the logic