Bypassing requirement address?

nildramnildram Member
in Help edited September 2013
Hello awesome foxy folks,

I have a question from the future. :)

I'm soon running a time limited deal in which privacy may be a very important factor for my customers.

Accepting bitcoin helps with this of course.

I'll be selling a redemption code (which @sparkweb helped me set up nicely, ty), so I don't need any shipping information.

Is there any way of completely bypassing the need to enter any information? Of course, I can always include some wording that allows the customer to enter completely false information, that might be easiest.

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @nildram,

You can enter dummy information into the fields - which would get around the validation errors that would present from not filling them in. You'd just need to edit your receipt and email templates accordingly to prevent the customers from seeing the pre-filled data.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Actually, if you are going to hard-code in the email address as well, you could just do something like receipt@yoursite.com and then it wouldn't matter what was in the email receipt. Or just turn off the email receipt? You'd of course want to hide all these fields that have dummy data in them.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sparkweb - good point, the email receipt wouldn't matter if they're not providing an email either. The normal receipt would still need to be reworked though.