The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Foxycart option item string parsing

sdmaxeysdmaxey Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2013
I'm using the Drupal-Ubercart Foxycart integration module. One thing I've noticed is that all my option string get rendered unparsed in the cart and receipt (e.g., "Holiday+Show: Fri%2C+Dec+6%2C+8pm+-+Harris+Theater%2C+Millennium+Park%2C+Chicago" -- just as they are in the value on the form element "
value='Fri%2C+Dec+6%2C+8pm+-+Harris+Theater%2C+Millennium+Park%2C+Chicago||[parsed code]'
").

Is there any way to either get Foxycart to parse these strings as Ubercart is generating them or modify how Ubercart/Drupal generates the string so it works with Foxycart's existing parsers (so we get "Holiday Show: Fri, Dec 6, 8pm - Harris Theater, Millennium Park, Chicago")? The unparsed strings are very confusing for our customers.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sdmaxey,

Could you link us to your add to cart page where this product is? Feel free to whisper it if it's private.
    @sdmaxey,

You should actually be fine to cut back on the encoding that the Drupal plugin is doing specifically to forms. For any links, that level of encoding is important - but not so much for forms.

I'm going to speak to a developer about the inconsistencies between how we're dealing with the two on our side, but for now if you stopped it encoding the names and values of the form inputs - that should clear it up for you.
  • How would I go about changing it? I'm just using an out-of-the-box install of Ubercart and the Foxycart module. I'm not even sure if this is coming from Ubercart, from the Foxycart module or from Drupal (though I suspect not the last, since other webforms don't have this level of encoding).
    @sdmaxey,

Am I correct in assuming you're using the FoxyPal module to integrate FoxyCart into your UberCart set up? That's the only way I'm aware of of getting FoxyCart into Drupal unless you're rolling your own.

We've reached out to the dev of FoxyPal to ask if he can take a look at this one to help you get it fixed up.
  • jasonjason Member, Integration Developer, FoxyPal
    I can take a look at it this weekend. It should be a quick fix.
    @jason - thanks for the quick response!
  • Thanks, Jason!

New to FoxyPal and this module. You've already helped me with the module at drupal.org . Sorry I'm being such a pain, but Foxypal and the integrated cart is such a great option for our small organization--brings our store items into our existing D7 site and off an external store at an affordable cost. Smoothing out the small bumps in the road I've hit should help others like us...and Foxycart.

--Steve
  • jasonjason Member, Integration Developer, FoxyPal
    @sdmaxey, It's not a pain at all. I'm glad to get the bugs worked out of it. I've released a new version (7.x-2.8) The download should be available on the Drupal project page shortly. It resolves the issue you've described above.

https://drupal.org/project/foxycart
  • Can you consider a patch to do the same thing for the encoding of the Attribute label. I have one attribute with a long descriptive label, so I'm getting "Please+Consider+Adding+a+Donation+to+Help+Us+Carry+Out+Our+Mission"