Temporary Password User Flow

yougotericyougoteric Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2013
The temporary password functionality of FoxyCart is so awesome. I did experience today however that after entering the temporary password as emailed by Foxycart, that the user is then automatically prompted to reset their password with fields for "Password" and "Repeat Password". As far as I can tell, however, there is no message to the user alerting them that this is the next step. Now _I_ knew what to do, but will the great unwashed? Probably not.

I was curious if anyone has a good solution for tapping into an FC event to populate the p.fc_account_message element with a little instruction to the user... or am I missing something altogether?
Comments
  • Additionally I've found that entering a temporary password breaks the Multiple Flat Rate functionality.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @yougoteric,

That is a great note, and as we're currently rebuilding our templates I'll pass this onto the team to make sure it's something we consider in our rebuild.

In terms of how you can work around that now - that's a good question. You can add in your own functionality to happen at the same time as the requirement for a new password by overloading the function that does that part - newPassword - like this:
    FC.checkout.overload("newPassword", null, function() { //your functionality here });

Also - when you say that the Multiple Flat Rate functionality breaks, how do you mean?