Foxyshop checkout template script via wordpress page

yoayoa Member
in Help edited September 2013
Hello,

My free shipping script by fc_adam stopped working..

I use foxyshop and recently integrated the checkout into a wordpress page... All seemed to work well until i noticed our freeshipping script that was working flawlessly before is not working anymore. In fact its making freeshipping available for everything .. Yikes!

Basically orders over 60 are supposed to get free shipping except items from the "accessories" category, they do NOT get free shipping no matter what.

I dont think the script is the problem, i think its just how i pasted it in the page.?

Its when i added the checkout to a wordpress page that the script stopped working.

I followed sparkswebs demo video on youtube so i used the "always edit in html" plugin like the demo video mentioned. Then i made a checkout page and added the styles and script. Not sure where i veered off track..

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @yoa,

Yeah - it's probably a simple javascript issue - could you whisper me your site so I can take a look?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @yoa,

Actually - the suggestion I gave you in my whisper reply was not quite right. So to re-iterate publicly, as you're including the CSS and Javascript blocks in the WordPress content editor, it's trying to wrap all of that in paragraph tags which is breaking things.

You'll need to actually edit the raw template files themselves to add in the code to the HTML. I'm not super familiar with WordPress - but @sparkweb is. I've asked him to jump into this thread to give you some better directions as to how to tackle it.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @yoa - So basically if your checkout page has a slug of "checkout-template", copy page.php in your theme directory and rename it page-checkout-template.php. Then you can just drop that code directly into your template file.

Alternatively, if you are using FoxyShop 4.4 there's another option which is even easier. See http://www.foxy-shop.com/2013/06/version-4-4-foxycart-templates/ for more info on how that works.
  • yoayoa Member
    edited September 2014
    @fc_adam,,

Hey adam, i was just reading your pm.. i did use a plugin called "always html" to remove the visual editor. Not sure if pasted before or after. I think after i enabled the plugin.

Is there anyway to tell if i did not?

@Sparksweb

Hey David,

The slug is checkout-template

The theme is a child theme of twentyeleven.

So in the twentyeleven theme folder, I made a copy of "page.php" and then renamed that copy to "page-checkout-template.php".

I then edited "page-checkout-template.php" and copied script below into that page.. right below get_header(); ?>

This is the free shipping script that i added to "page-checkout-template.php".
    http://pastebin.com/QnAfNks2

I then went to foxyshop> settings> tools and clicked update checkout cache.

Gave it a go and its still not working.

Did i paste it in the wrong spot in the page-checkout-template.php file?

Do the styles have to be pasted in the template to or just the script??