The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Transaction report filter by State not working properly

AndreasAndreas Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2013
Hi. I just ran a transaction report for the date range of 07/01/13 to 09/30/13 and added the filter of Ship to State with a value of CT. It returned 2 transactions. I then ran the report without the ship to state filter and manually filtered the excel files I downloaded. I found MANY more than 2 transactions shipped to CT.

I looked at the two orders that showed up when I included the ship to state filter and the only commonality I could see was that they both had different billing and shipping addresses. I quickly compared all of the orders I found when I ran the report and sure enough, the 2 that showed up in the report with the Ship to State filter used were the only 2 that were shipped to a different address than the billing address.

Comments
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @Andreas

just to confirm, the 2 that showed up were the only 2 with different shipping and billing addresses, but you found many more that had ship to states of CT? Or the billing addresses were in CT and they were shipped elsewhere?

If you could let us know (via whisper if you want) what foxycart domain you're working with we'd love to check this out further!
  • @winston, thanks for the follow-up. No need to whisper the domain name: Sprigs.com.

You're confirmation is correct, the 2 that showed up were the only 2 with different shipping and billing addresses, but I found more that had ship to states of CT. So the only difference I saw between the 2 orders that showed up when I ran the "Ship to State" filter was that they shipping address was different than the billing address.

Not sure if this helps but within those 2 orders, one had a billing address also in CT, but the other had a billing address in another state.
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @Andreas,

Thanks for letting us know about this, I've got one of our developers looking into it.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello @Andreas, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It seems we have a limitation in our system related to how we store order information. Unless an alternate shipping address is specified for the order, we don't store a separate billing address. The csv export does include the billing information duplicated into the shipping fields, but we don't actually store that information in the database, which is where that search is hitting. We'll make some changes in the future to avoid this frustration. In the mean time, you may have to export to csv and sort the orders that way. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for contacting us about this issue.
  • Thanks @luke!