The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Coupons are combinable even when set to "no"

RyanJTRyanJT Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2013
I have a coupon code setup as “”20Day75” in Foxycart admin that is non-combinable and I added the form code:
<input type=“hidden” name=“discount_quantity_amount” value=“20Day75{allunits|1-75}” /> .

It applies the discount (please see pic...this product would normally be $525) and gives me this at checkout:
juice-today.com/Coupon-Issue.png

The problem I see is that I am able to add another coupon (even the same coupon code) for a further discount.

Thanks for any help!!
Comments
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @RyanJT

While I agree that seems strange, the reason is that a coupon code and discount use similar logic but are actually different things. You can add the discount without creating the coupon code, or vice versa, but when you add the discount_quanity_amount, FoxyCart does not see it like a coupon. You could always check the fc_json object for the presence of the discount (on the product object), and if it is there, hide the "add a coupon code" with javascript.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @RyanJT, if you want to add a coupon, it'd be:
    <input name="coupon" value="20Day75" />

This page might help. It's got all the possible values to pass in: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/cheat_sheet

Does that help?
  • Hi Brett and Winston,

Thank you for the help and clarification. It's working perfectly with the "coupon" input name.

Thanks!!

Ryan