The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Canada orders not getting charged

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited November 2013
Hi Guys,

I have a checkout with some custom shipping code in place. The code allows for US and Canada orders. US orders have free shipping under some circumstances, but Canada orders should never have free shipping. However, the last three orders that have come through from Canada, have not only had free shipping, but no shipping method was even selected.

I tested the checkout in several browsers, and the standard Foxycart JS never allowed me to submit the order without selecting a shipping method. The only thing that I could think to do was to add some JS to make sure that the first shipping option was selected whenever the shipping options were changed, because I noticed that even though I couldn't submit an order without selecting a shipping option, no shipping option was initially selected after the options were changed. (this should've already been done, IMO, but I didn't write the original code). So I did that.

Today, another Canada order came through with no shipping specified, i.e. free shipping. I ran some more tests in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE 7, IE 8, IE 9, and IE 10. However, I was only able to use the compatibility modes in IE 10 to do run the multiple IE version tests, so I'm not convinced that they were true IE browser tests. We were able to communicate with the last customer, and they confirmed that they were using IE on Windows 7, but they didn't tell us the version of IE. My Windows machine is running Windows 8.

Could you guys take a look at the custom shipping code in the checkout, and see if you can spot what I'm missing, and how this could possibly be happening? My client is super frustrated at this point, so I'm anxious to get this resolved. Any help that you could offer would be highly appreciated. I'll whisper the domain.

Best,

Joey
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston,

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your code, but I do see a couple console.log calls in there, which can cause certain browsers to fall over with errors. Try removing those and see if they persist.
  • Wow. I had no idea that console.log statements could be an issue. Thanks a ton for taking a look, Adam. I have removed those lines, so we'll see what happens from here.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Joey. Please us know if that resolved the issue for you or if you're still seeing problems.