Switch payment processor for specific items

OpheliaDesignOpheliaDesign Member
in Help edited November 2013
Greetings,

The problem-
My client sells products of their own and is also a representative for a larger parent company. They would like to sell both their own products and the parent company's products on their website, disbursing funds to the parent company for their products and directly to the client's account for their own products.

The client is using Stripe for their payment gateway, the parent company uses Authorize.net. This is probably a long shot, but is there any way to charge a specific payment processor on an product by product basis?

Example:
Shopping cart contains 2 items sold by the Client, 3 items sold by Parent Company

Customer pays, total for 2 Client company items goes to their Stripe processor and account, total for Parent company goes to them via Authorize.
Comments
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @OpheliaDesign,

What you're wanting to happen is currently impossible with FoxyCart, and with our current roadmap probably not something we'll ever be able to support.

At best what you can do is have two stores setup and different products are added to different stores, but that would remove the ability to have any sort of unified cart or checkout - the customer would have to checkout with one store before purchasing products from another.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer for you!
  • @winston, thanks for the reply. We'll work on finding another solution.. difficult case.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @OpheliaDesign,

Just to add a quick note - there is one way that this would be possible - and that would be if you accepted payments via a payment gateway and PayPal or one of our other alternate payment methods. Then you could capture payments for one set of products using a gateway like Stripe, and other products using PayPal - and you'd use javascript on your checkout to hide whichever payment method didn't apply to that specific cart.
  • @fc_adam,

I have a similar question...maybe it goes with the OPs question...probably not entirely but somewhat. I am looking to allow specific payments for different shipping options which would be selected in on my checkout page.

I would like to use Stripe for standard shipping option and I have two other shipping options which are higher in price but require funds to be more instant on availability...i.e.; Paypal option here. This seems much easier than the OPs situation as I already have the shipping options set up in FC. Any thoughts? I am just the company owner...not a developer.

Skyler C.
    WeDeliverOmaha.com
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @WeDeliverOmaha. That definitely seems doable, but to keep this thread somewhat more specific, could you re-post that question on a new thread? (We don't actually have moderator tools to do that. Sorry about that.)