Some email receipts have Add To Cart X and Add To Cart Y

blacblac Member
in Help edited November 2013
We've noticed that about 10% of our email receipts have extra fields in addition to the product code and category. These are Add To Cart X: and Add To Cart Y: with different 2 digit numbers after them.
For example:
Add To Cart X: 89
Add To Cart Y: 14

Anyway to remove those lines from the receipt?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @blac,

It would be because your add to cart form submit button has been given a 'name' attribute. If you remove the name attribute that will stop those values being added to some transactions.
  • I removed the name attribute and then noticed that some of the receipts only had X: and Y: in them.
    So I switched to name="x:Add to Cart" which I read about somewhere and no more X,Y in the receipt.

I found that it was only adding X,Y when using a browser that would for some reason open up the cart as a full window rather than a colorbox popup. This is currently happening to me with Firefox, due to a plugin I have installed - just haven't figured out which one.
    @blac,

Interesting. I'm not sure why it was still adding it after removing the name - I'm glad adding the x: fixed it for you though.

In terms of the addon, I'd suggest removing all of your addons and adding them back in one at a time to work out which is breaking it for you. There may also be some errors in the javascript console for your browser which may help.
  • @fc_adam

it's the disconnect add-on https://disconnect.me/ that's causing firefox to open up the cart in full window
    @blac,

Did you need some help in working out why it's doing that? If so, if you can let us know your site we can take a look.