The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Removing PayPal Checkout option

Hello, I'm using PayPal Pro for payment processing but when the cart pops up it also gives me the Pay Pal checkout button option. Is there any way I can just have the "checkout" option that takes customers to the Foxycart form page?
Tagged:
Comments
  • Sorry guys I found the answer already on here! : )
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @davidzupec,

Glad you found the answer - for others who might find this thread, you can hide the PayPal option on the cart using CSS in your cart template. Details on our wiki here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/start
  • I'm using FC 2.0 and still seeing the PayPal Express checkout button. Refreshed my browsers a few times and it's still there.
    @atmospherix,

Could you let us know what store this is for?
  • Yes, for "bees" as implemented on this dev site:
    http://c1587.paas2.tx.modxcloud.com/

I checked the class, and its spot on:
    .fc-action--payment--paypal-express-checkout
    @atmospherix,

Thanks for that - looking at your full page cart, the paypal option isn't visible as your CSS is indeed hiding it. It's not being hidden on Sidecart however - as your CSS is only applied to the full page cart template. Sidecart is just made up of the "cart include" template. The "Cart" template you're editing currently is the template for the full page cart.

What you could do is remove the style you've placed on your cart template, and instead add it to the "add code to the header/footer" configuration option, and add the styles to the header there like this:
    <style type="text/css">
    #fc-cart .fc-action--payment--paypal-express-checkout {
      display:none !important;
    }
    </style>

That will hide the paypal express option within the cart for both Sidecart and the full page cart.
  • Brilliant. Thank you.