Checkout not updating

hemingwebhemingweb Member
in Help edited November 2013
Hi,

I'm trying to update the shipping logic in my checkout page and I was getting nowhere. I double checked everything I could think of and noticed that the checkout page isn't being updated. I've spent a few hours clicking cache page and save template as well as deleting the cached files. Nothing seems to be working for me.

What am I missing?

I'm trying to make a small text change to the footer of the checkout to confirm that the file I save is the checkout file being used. So, I change the template file and upload it to my server, delete cached files in FC, click 'cache your url' in checkout, I check the change in the textarea and click 'Update template'. I got to the product page, add something to the cart, got to checkout and see the old page.

Please help prevent me banging my head on the desk, I feel it has to be something really simple I'm missing.

Cheers
Comments
  • I agree, i even went back to the foxy cart standard template and deleted my custom url and the older cached version still remained, must be a FC issue...I think...
  • I hope FC get it sorted out quick. The changes I need to make are to support a marketing push happening on Monday morning.
  • I'm having the exact same issue! I have a site that needs to go live in 3 days, if we don't get this sorted out it will be a disaster.

Please help!
  • hemingwebhemingweb Member
    edited November 2013
    I've come back to the problem after a night off and some changes I made yesterday have made it through the system but the cached file in FC is still not being delivered.

I feel a storm coming...
  • same here..very close to the end of development on my first site...have you ever had this experience or other outages without FC response in the past ?
  • No, when I originally put the site together (a few months ago) I found the FC platform to be very responsive and reliable, to the point that I recommended it on other projects.
  • This is infuriating. Some idiot (me) made a mistake in my cart code last night when putting in a minimum order check, couldn't test it because it didn't update immediately, and now I have to wait who knows how many hours until the fix goes live. In the meantime, I have a broken site, outside of my control.
  • It appears that the changes take a few hours to appear, which means the cache isn't clearing properly when we save the template. Definitely an issue with FC.
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hey guys,
    Our team is hard at work trying to resolve the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Someone will update this thread as soon as issue has been resolved.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We're trying to reproduce this, but so far the templates seem to be caching correctly for the stores that have reported a problem. If you're on this thread, can you go ahead and try caching again and see what happens? We'll continue looking into this and report back when we have more information.
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    We have posted a sticky announcement where updates will be made: https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/7896/template-caching-issues
  • All fixed now - thanks to FC for coming in on a Sunday to sort it out.