The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Bug for some users during a buy one get one free category sale

AndreasAndreas Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2013
Background: on Cyber Monday I held some very limited time buy one get one sales. For example I sold our Earbags as buy one get one free between the hours of 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM EST. To do so I created a category discount:
- "discount by a percentage based on quantity"
- discount details "repeat|2-100"

I did this throughout the day with various items/categories including the same deal earlier in the day, but the evening deal had issues.

A few customers called because items were adding to their cart at $0 and in the checkout it showed $0 product, $4.95 shipping and a total of $144.95 (even though the total without any discount would have been $67.95 after shipping).

One customer left a voicemail mentioning these figures and I spoke with another customer with EXACTLY the same thing. She was kind enough to send me two screen shots. I can email those, but rather not publish them.

Any ideas what caused this?
Comments
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    edited December 2013
    Hey @Andreas, please email those screenshots to help@foxycart.com and we'll be able to better help you.

That doesn't sound like behaviour we've seen before, and if it's a bug we'd definitely like to get it solved. Sorry that it caused issues with your sale on Monday, hopefully it was otherwise a big success!