altering the alignment of the cart popup

ibrooksibrooks Member
in Help edited December 2013
Hi,

Currently the cart popup appears vertically centered to the the height of the page, often causing the popup to appear below the users view of the page. I have tried altering styles in the cached template and on my servers css to no avail. I was at one point instructed to try the !important tag, but it has proved utterly useless.

I am able to alter the size of the popup just fine, but the alignment controls remain elusive, how do I change this??
Comments
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @ibrooks

That's probably set via Javascript in the colorbox code - you could look at overriding the default Colorbox settings in your <head> tag. Dig into the the colorbox settings here and see if you figure out better settings: http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ibrooks,

Just to add to winston's reply, by default Colorbox should display that modal in the centre of the viewport of the browser, rather than the height of the page - so it should always be viewable by the customer. Could you link us to your add to cart to see this in action?
  • Well, we've sorted it out, but not through a clear method. css changes made yesterday have finally started to work. why they didn't work at first is beyond me.

I can assure you, though, that the colorbox is not functioning as you think it is by default. It even scrolls with the page instead of being fixed in the browser (which was going to be my next question of how to fix, but again, delayed css did the trick).
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ibrooks,

There is some pretty common things that can cause issues like that. One in particular is not providing a valid doctype for the page. Another is invalid markup somewhere in the page that breaks it. Glad you got it working though.