Virtual Merchant Problem

rcatesrcates Member
in Merchants edited December 2013
We have hooked in our Test Account from Virtual Merchant, and we are receiving an error:

Error: There was an error processing your payment: The field Invoice Number (ssl_invoice_number) required but not supplied in the authorization request. (Response Reason Code: 4009)

How do we go about fixing this?
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team

Did you also leave a voicemail about this issue yesterday? If so, we responded via email. Even if that wasn't you, we are aware of the issue and one of our developers is working to fix it right now. We'll hopefully have a fix ASAP.
  • Yeah my colleague left a message with you! The email was probably sent to him, so I'm sure we received it. Thank you for the response, and thanks for working on the fix!
  • Ian received your emails, and we have run a test transaction. This is the new error we're getting:

Error: Your payment was declined for the following reason: DECLINED

Is this what we should expect from a Virtual Merchant test account?
  • Also, we aren't using valid card numbers, just test numbers and information.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team

You should definitely be able to put through a successful test transaction. I'll ask our gateway developer to take another look.
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Hi @rcates,

The usual practice for gateways is using penny value to simulate a specific error in the test environment.
    Unfortunately we don't have information how Virtual Merchant generates test error codes but usually .00 means a successful transaction.

So I was able to run a successful test transaction at your store with the following data:
    4111-1111-1111-1111, CVV 123, 05/15
    Item $21.75 + Shipping $38.25 = $60.00.
  • Okay thank you! We'll run a few through this morning. Also, I don't know if this would be of any use to you, as I'm sure you may have seen this already, but Virtual Merchant offers this dev guide:

In Chapter 8, they have a listing of all their error codes and their respective causes.

Thanks again gentleman!
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Yes, we do have this guide but unfortunately it doesn't contain any information on how to simulate these error response codes while testing.

You're welcome!
  • Ah, I see what you mean now!