ETA for responsive templates

happycloudhappycloud Member
in Help edited December 2013
I understand that a new version of templates is in the works - we are about to rebuild everything to be responsive and wondering if we should wait for a new version. Do you have a beta available?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud,

Unfortunately we don't currently have an ETA we can provide or a public beta available. What's your timeframe on needing to go live with your new site? We may be able to let you know if it's feasible based on that.
  • happycloudhappycloud Member
    edited December 2013
    well we have 2 things we want to address - a) responsive/cleaner design - we can wait a bit on that and b) lots of analytics code (google trusted store, mixpanel etc.. ) so I guess the question is how much of that is changing? I am thinking of overriding the default analytics functionality as I want to use the latest GA (analytics.js) as well. Wondering how much I will have to take apart of what I do now on the new templates if a lot of things change such as the JS code, twig tags etc

As far as ETA we are doing the analytics changes over the next week or two
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @happycloud.
    Based on your analytics timeframe, we definitely won't have anything for you by then. We'll probably add the new GA syntax to a Twig placeholder, but unfortunately we won't be able to have redone documentation (like https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/googleanalytics_async).

For the responsive templates, you'd need to upgrade your FoxyCart store when that's available, so if you plan on customizing the checkout template, you might as well make that happen. We're really excited about the next release, but it's just not ready yet.

Out of curiosity, have you looked into Segment.io? Because I'm in love with it, and if you're doing Mixpanel and GA, you definitely should check it out. It'll make your life way easier :)