The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Foxyshop variation code for shipping

yoayoa Member
in General edited December 2013
Hey Sparksweb if you are out there, this one is for you..

For foxyshop product shipping weight variation code. In this example: goods{ p+53|w-1} does "w-1" subtract a pound from the shipping weight?

So w+1 adds pound?

If so how do you do ounces!? say you have a product that is 1.7 pounds and the variants are 2.3 and 2,8 pounds..

Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @yoa,

You are right about w-1. See the complete docs at https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/1.1/products#product_option_modifiers

If you had 8 oz, you'd just do w-.5, it just needs to be converted to decimal.

Also, make sure there's no spaces after your opening brace{ as this could cause some problems with FoxyCart's parser.
  • Awesome, Thanks as usual sparkweb!
  • yoayoa Member
    hmm..

Hey sparkweb you know we switched our entire lineup to (sample, half-pound, pound) for our variations instead of having just one set price so naturally the sample is the cheapest like $3.00 and its also the first variation in the dropdown menu.

Now when you go to the category page all the products say $3.00!

haha .. as funny as that was. Trying to remove the price via style removes the price on the product page too. I think i tried to toggle the class to display none.

Can you show me a way to hide the price on the category pages?

and maybe for future use Is there a way to show the middle variations price instead of the sample thats $3.00. So show the half pound prices on the category pages in my case..

• sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I think I emailed you about this, but whatever the base price is, is the price that will be shown on the outside category page. And if you want to hide with CSS on teh category page only you'd want to just use a higher context like:
    .foxyshop_product_list .foxyshop_price {
        display: none;
    }

• yoayoa Member
    Hey sparkweb!!!

I just replied to your email.. That worked great.

The price vanished from the cat pages and remained on the product page.