United Kingdom store setup

AdamWintleAdamWintle Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited June 2007
Hi there!

I'm having trouble Adding/Setting-up a store; when filling in the form fields and put United Kingdom as Country and Hampshire as the Store State / Province the 'information is missing' error keeps showing, the UK doesn't have States or Provinces as such but Counties, I've also tried 'England', 'Britan' and 'Great Britan' and all bring up the same error message...

can you advise me what's suitable for the State / Province filed when the UK is the county?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Mallmus.
    Welcome to FoxyCart! I've moved your comment to a new thread in the bug section, since it looks like a bug.

We'll take a look and get this fixed shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Mallmus.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just fixed the problem but we still have some testing to do before we release version 0.2.3 which should be rather soon.

Your help is greatly appreciated as we move towards better internationalization.
  • Hey Luke!

Thanks for addressing the bug so quickly, I've successfully setup a store and I look forward to trying out your software!

Thanks again, Mallmus
    edited July 2007
    Hey Mallmus.

Glad it's working now. Make sure you use version 0.2.3 as there are a few fixes in there that you'll want.

Also, just so you know, it looks like you can get some UK Authorize.net love at ModernBill. (Our PayPal implementation for Website Payments Pro only supports the US method at present.)

And again, if there's anything specific that you'd like to see with our international (particularly UK) support, please let us know.
  • 0ad0ad Member
    hi folks. ive just had the setup form do this to me when adding 'Leicester' as a state - i ended up using Lousiana instead just to get the form to continue. (v 2.0.7)
    cheers, justin
    Leicester? That sounds totally made up ;)
    Just kidding. I'm sorry for the difficulty (and for the delay in responding). We'll get this taken care of for you asap. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Just for our peace of mind, what browser were you using? It *should* work as expected in Firefox. Our admin currently has issues in other browsers (which we're fixing, but for now Firefox is your best bet).
  • 0ad0ad Member
    cheers brett.

Leicestershire, I meant to say.

Im on Firefox 2.0.0.6

Wrong thread probably, but whats foxycarts position on UK payment gateways? if not very far, can we capture card details so we can plug them in manually?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited September 2007
    Hey Oad, sorry for the delay. We've been bouncing this one around a bit (and the US had Labor Day yesterday... which is funny because no one does any labor!).

I'm still unable to reproduce this problem and I'm also on 2.0.0.6 for Windows. Did you have the Country set to the United States by chance? Would it be possible for you to create another store and describe for me step by step exactly what you're doing as you fill out the form and what error messages (if any) you see?

Thanks. We'll keep poking at it with various browsers and OS's and update this thread if we find anything new.

As for UK payment gateways, do you have any recommendations?
  • hi. worked on FF 2.0.0.6 for mac now thanks =)

Gateway-wise - i have 2 clients that would signup today if they could one login to foxycart and see the customers card details (then delete them after theyve keyed them into their card machine) in much the same way cubecart lets you.

regards

• lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hmm... we didn't change anything. Those are the most frustrating bugs. Little creepy crawlies that hide behind the walls, jump out and bite you and then run away before you can reach for the can of Raid. Annoying.

As for being able to process cards off line, please add your thoughts to this thread: http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=16

We have some mixed feelings about it... I like the way Google groups hides emails forcing the user to type in the letters displayed in an image before showing it. That might be one way to securely display the card numbers, but we still have concerns as far as PCI compliance goes.

As always, your opinion is the one that matters most to us.
  • TheLightTheLight Member
    edited September 2007
    Hi there,
    your concept sound good, so I just registered a test store.
    Location - Country: Germany, State: Hessen (Hesse)
    Hessen was not possible, I used Hawaii instead...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Germany

its ok for testing, but my german customers will need it.

regards

Edit Sept.19:
    I use Firefox 2.0.0.0 on Vista
    Think I registered and then in admin.php clicked on 'Add a New Store'
    Next page 'Set up your store' it happens (again)
    I enter Germany, then Hessen in 'store state/province' and it says: 'Please enter a valid state or province.'
    hope that helps
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited September 2007
    TheLight, what were the exact steps you took and what browser version?

When you select a country other than the US, the states array should be reset and it should not be a required field any longer... there's definitely a bug out there, but we haven't been able to reproduce it.