JSON Integration

jtechjtech Member
in Help edited December 2008
I imagine this is going to be something extremely simple and as such I kind of feel bad for posting this. However, tonight we are going to be featured on our local NBC station on the 60 seconds of sales so I was hoping to integrate the json cart really quick to perk up the site a bit.

I have attempted to do this as well as I can following the docs, but something quirky is up. It is almost acting like the .js file isn't included or something, but I know this not to be the case.

Instead of having the nice JSON functionality, my site is just going to a new page that outputs the JSON code.

I am working with a live site so I don't have a ton of room for downtime so it makes it hard for me to troubleshoot this myself so I thought I'd ask here for a potential quick fix.

If you interested in looking, the site is jacknutapparel.com , however I have reverted to the old cart so I don't know that it will help much. A sincere Thank You for your tips and direction regarding this!

-Jared
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    First of all, make sure you're looking at the right docs (and that they match what you're seeing). The JSON in 040 is a bit different than previous versions, and I'm not positive things are updated throughout the wiki.

Next, are you using the &output=json functionality to do a JSON only cart? Or are you using the fc_BuildFoxyCart() function to generate an additional JSON cart on thickbox close?

The output=json is very new, and while a few people have played around with it, it's not something I'd recommend trying to get up in a rush. Most importantly, there may be some session issues when 3rd party cookies are turned off. I have some code that I've played around with that seems to correct the issue, but I'm not 100% sure so it still needs testing.

We definitely need to write up some helper functions and such, but building a custom JSON cart probably isn't something we'll ever be able to truly "support", since the possibilities are just so endless. If you have specific issues please let me know though, as we could use this opportunity to help create some additional documentation.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Also, feel free to create another FoxyCart store to use for your own testing. Being developers ourselves, we understand the importance of a good sandbox to play with.