Eliminating the thank you email FoxyCart sends out?

carlos123carlos123 Member
in Merchants edited January 2014
Presently customers of the store I am working on get BOTH a thank you email from FoxyCart AND a thank you email from PayPal (the payment processor used). I need to eliminate one of these thank you emails.

Is it possible to eliminate the FoxyCart generated thank you email? If so...how do I do that?

Out of curiosity does anyone have experience with how to eliminate the PayPal thank you email (keeping the FoxyCart one)?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Carlos
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @carlos123,

We generally recommend that you keep the FoxyCart one, as it will hold all of the information that the customer may have entered on the checkout, including any custom fields you may have included. Emails sent from gateways tend to send a restricted amount of information, and generally aren't as customisable as the FoxyCart ones.

That said though, you can disable the FoxyCart email by blanking out the 'subject' input on the 'email' template page in your stores FoxyCart administration.

In terms of stopping the PayPal email being sent, unfortunately I'm not exactly sure on that one. Which specific version of PayPal are you using for your gateway? Your best bet would be to get in touch with PayPal and ask them directly. If you do and hear back from them, please do post back as it might help other people in the future.
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will see about eliminating the one from PayPal but trying to work with PayPal to change anything of theirs is rather difficult so I was looking at eliminating the FoxyCart one as a way of avoiding the extra time that would be involved in both contacting PayPal and waiting for their response.

Carlos
  • Adam,

So if I blank out the "receipt email subject:" line in the email Template NO email whatsoever will be sent? Not even one with a blank subject line?

Carlos
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @carlos123,

Correct - if you make the subject input empty, no email will be sent for the email receipt. If you have any category specific emails set, those will still send, so you'd need to disable them if you've set them as well.