Make order of checkout footer items in Step1 the same as Step3

timconsidinetimconsidine Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2014
There is a different order of items in the subtotals of Step1 vs those in Step3.
I prefer those in Step3, which is :
Cart subtotal
shipping
discount
tax
total

This is more logical for me, and plays better with my use of discounts, than Step1, which is currently :
subtotal
coupons listed out
shipping
tax
total

I would prefer the shipping& handling figure always to be after subtotal, then discounts & coupons (listed or total), then tax, then total.

This is (a) to be consistent between Step 1 and Step 3, and (b) to play better with my handling of EU VAT for business users.
Comments
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    hey @timconsidine

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! We are working very hard as a team on a 2.0 release for FoxyCart that has entirely redesigned cart and checkouts (including a fully responsive default template).

In the meantime, you can go in and build out the html in whatever form you see fit, if you wanted. Check out all our documentation on Twig templating (including sample templates that you could modify) https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/1.1/templates#getting_even_more_advanced_with_twig

Hope that helps, and we'll be making a lot of noise within a month or two about 2.0!
  • Thank you Winston

I thought I posted a reply, but it seems to have gone awol

I don't have time to learn Twig, so my request still stands, especially as you are making some changes currently. Perhaps you can build it into V2, if only to create consistency between Step 1 and Step 3.

Thank you !