Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Upgraded Store and got warning message regarding deprecated function - now what?

LucyILucyI Member
in Help edited February 2014
I updated a client's store to 1.1. Received this message:
Warning:

Your store has been upgraded, but we detected the deprecated jQuery .live() function in the following templates. For your site to function, you must update these to use the .on() method and/or install a jQuery compatibility plugin.

Checkout Template

I don't see the .live() function anywhere in the Checkout Template.... Not sure how to proceed. Is there a recommended plugin? Is there a wiki that explains how to find and fix/replace this function?

Also - now when I try to checkout I see this:
We're sorry, the store you requested could not be found or it has not yet been configured with a cart, checkout, and receipt templates and a default product category. Please check back later.

The site:
https://accelthermal.foxycart.com/cart
Tagged:
Comments
  • And now in trying to update the cart template I get this notice:
    Error:

Your template was not saved because there was an error in your Twig template syntax: Unclosed comment in "TEMP_checkout_template.twig" at line 2875
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Lucyl,

So the first thing you'll need to do is create a receipt template - you're missing that one in your store.

The .live() function is called multiple times in the foundation.js framework file you're including. You could see if you can find an updated version of that to work with the newer version of jQuery, or you could include the jQuery migrate plugin which allows for live() to still work.

Finally, the 'unclosed comment' error relates to a file in your template has the following string included in it "{#". Particularly in your case it's modernizer.js. You could either remove that file if you don't actually need it, or you can wrap the include in a Twig raw tag to get around this issue, which would look like this in your template:
    {% raw %}
    <script ...></script>
    {% endraw %}

• Thanks for your quick response. I just removed modernizer and added the JQuery Migrate plugin to the page so that seems to be working now.

I'm confused about the receipt template -- did we have it configured before? The docs say that it is optional...

Also - the cart used to display in a modal, and doesn't anymore. I can't remember how it was set up, it's been months. Would the update to 1.1 have changed that?
    @Lucyl,

In previous versions, it was possible for the receipt to just be a copy of the checkout template, but in the newest version you need to specify a specific receipt template. If it's still just the same as your checkout template, you could use the same template URL for the receipt template and recache and save it.

In terms of the modal, did you update your FoxyCart includes on your website to match the new codes for 1.1 for your store? You can get the latest codes from the 'sample code' section of your stores FoxyCart administration.
  • Oh - I hadn't updated the includes. That was the problem.

Thanks so much for all your help - looks like we're back up and running.
    @Lucyl - awesome!