FoxyCart 2.0 this April! (Updated: shortly after April)

lukeluke FoxyCart Team
in Important News edited April 2014
We have been working really hard to improve the cart and checkout experience to make it fully responsive and easier than ever to add to any website for any product for any user on any device. Check out this landing page we just launched today with a promo video and an email signup for 2.0 status updates. We're also giving away a free ebook about PCI compliance which you and your clients may find very helpful.

http://www.foxycart.com/new

Let us know what you think! We're really excited about this update as it will provide a lot of powerful flexibility for custom ecommerce.

--
Edit: We care deeply about quality. As such, we won't be launching 2.0 until it's ready. We're using 2.0 on our own store used to pay for FoxyCart services, so we're getting close. Stay tuned for updates.
Comments
  • UPUP Member
    Looks fantastic! Very excited about the prospect of a fully responsive solution. Well done and hope the final stages go well.
  • Looks great guys, we have numerous stores on FC

Any chance of getting in on a beta with one of our clients stores to see what its like

Cheers
  • Oh, do you have a list of what updates are included

I am just wondering if we eventually got Voucher integration (a monetary value a opposed to a discount)

Regards
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Johnny4B,

No full feature list yet - but gift certificates (if that's what you're meaning) didn't make it into this release.
  • Great news, any chance 2.0 will support multiple Merchant ID's?
    @erikzett,

By multiple merchant ID's, do you mean multiple gateway's? If so, unfortunately not.
  • Do we need to create a new account to try out FoxyCart 2.0? Or can we use our existing account?
  • Yes, ok thanks - that would be a nice feature
    @petrarchpress,

No need for a new account - when 2.0 becomes publicly available, you can upgrade your current stores or create a new test store under your account on 2.0 as well.
  • This is very welcome news. I just implemented my own cart due to some key limitations in 1.1 and was using foxycart just for checkout (passing all the cart details in my own checkout button).

I'll certainly revisit this when 2.0 is available.
  • Looks great. Curious if a customer portal to update subscriptions, etc. was implemented in this release.
    @naturesa,

Unfortunately not. If you haven't already though, we'd definitely recommend voting for that kind of functionality on our requests board: http://requests.foxycart.com/
  • Ok, got it. Yes, I've voted for that feature.
  • Can you narrow down the ETA at all from April, to the beginning, middle, or end of the month? I understand if you don't want to commit yourselves to an exact date that you might miss, but this will help me plan appropriately. Thanks!
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @cheesypoof

At this point it looks like it will be the end of the month.
  • what is the status of 2.0 ? is it responsive ? thanks
    @beerlord,

Currently we're pushing towards launching the private beta for 2.0 - which will indeed will feature default responsive templates out of the box. We've completely rebuilt all of our templates to make the checkout work great across the different devices customers are using to buy online, and have made some changes to how the checkout functions to make it even easier for customers to complete a purchase.

We can appreciate that a lot of people are anxious to get their hands on the new version, and we're super excited to release it out for people to utilise on their stores. We're not quite ready for a public beta just yet though, but our upcoming release is the focus of our whole team and we're really proud of what 2.0 will mean for our users stores.
  • k4tayk4tay Member
    We got a glimpse of some of the responsive look on the webinar last week before Josh lost the audio. If you could post a few screenshots of the cart and checkout, it would be most appreciated.
  • You can preview Foxycart 2.0 by going to your Foxycart account page, selecting "billing" and following one of the links to update your Foxycart subscription. That checkout page is using a responsive 2.0 template along with the latest Foxycart JS. Check out the JS here: cdn.foxycart.com/static/v/2.0.0/js/checkout.js
    edited April 2014
    @xcorlett,

Good spotting! That is correct, our own signup store is indeed using the upcoming 2.0 version of FoxyCart.

@k4tay,

Sorry for missing your previous post. I saw it but then forgot to reply. I'll get some screenshots together for you to show you what it looks like and post back. There is also the preview video available on our newsletter signup page here: http://www.foxycart.com/new
  • Does 2.0 bring about changes in regards to the backend, i.e. api & datafeed?
    @versatil,

No major changes to the backend with 2.0 - the main focus is with the customer facing templates.
  • RoloRolo Member
    How much longer are we going to have to wait for this?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2014
    Hey @Rolo. I share your frustration, but we are working every day to ensure when we launch this, it's ready. If we were to release it too early, you and your customers would not be happy with a broken checkout experience. Every day, we're evaluating what's left to be done before we can open it up as a private beta to some of our development partners. After they've worked with it a bit, it will be available as a public beta for everyone else.
    @k4tay,

Sorry for the delay, here are some screenshots to give you an idea of what our new default templates will look like:

Cart: Desktop | Mobile
    Checkout: Desktop | Mobile
  • k4tayk4tay Member
    Very cool. Excited to put it in place.
  • Looks so awesome! Can't wait for it!
  • markywmarkyw Member
    Any news on this? I'm about to start a project and don't want to have to do all the responsive work if it's covered in the new version :o)
    @markyw,

No new updates at this point - we're still working as quickly as we can to get the public beta launched, we're hoping to get that up as soon as possible. Sorry for the delays!

Are you working with a particular responsive framework?
  • PecanPecan Member
    Just thought to myself - Hey I wonder what happened to the new version of Foxycart. Thought I'd missed the launch.

Hope you guys put out soon. Keep up the good work. :)