Paypal sandbox to accept credit card on checkout.

Hi there,

Im doing a test for my sandbox test account to process a credit card. Here is the step I have setup.

1. Instant Payment Notification (IPN) - http://customtherapysites.foxycart.com/ipn.php & enabled
2. API credentials - sandbox_api1.foxycart.com - FoxyCart.com LLC
3. Foxtcart payment admin - setup also
4. test credit card - I have added a credit card in my sandbox test account under Financial Information->Credit Cards
5. Sandbox account - business-PRO
- I use business-PRO since I have selected the Bank card payment method: Paypal Payments PRO
6. Let customers pay with a Credit or Debit Card - Checked

This are the things I have configured in my sandbox account and foxtcart admin. But every time I checkout and process the order with the test credit card it throw different errors but all of them are "10001 Internal Error". Is there something I missed here that causing the process not to go thru?

Btw, paypal checkout works fine. This only happen if I use Credit Card.

Thanks,
myke
Comments
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @myke021403

Are you attempting to use a live credit card or are you using a paypal test card http://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalmanager_help/credit_card_numbers.htm ?

as for the specific error, that's a Paypal error code, have you reached out to their support? Paypal sandbox accounts are notoriously difficult to debug and we have no other information beyond the error codes they provide.
  • Hi Winston,

Im using paypal test card since its in test mode.

I did try using your default test account for Paypal Payment PRO and use the VISA test cards in the link you gave me.

I get this all kind of errors:
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10001 Internal Error) Internal Error
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: (U) U
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10001 Internal Error) The transaction could not be loaded

Tried using authorize.net(default test account also) and its works fine with the same VISA test cards.

I dont think its my setting on sandbox now since using your default test account for Paypal Payments PRO dont work either.

Thanks,
    Myke
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @myke021403,

In the past, other users have reported getting this error intermittantly, and it fixing itself after a while without any changes made. You can see an example of that here: https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/1637/default-test-paypal-wpp-account-error/p1

Have you been able to put through any successful transactions using the test set up? Or is it just consistently returning the 10001 error?
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

For our first two store I dont have any problem using my sandbox account, this is my 3rd store. At first I can still do a purchase using credit card with the same account I used for the first two (ofcourse I change the IPN to go store URL). But all of the sudden its giving me this errors. That is why I decided to created another Sandbox account and configured it. But still no luck.

So I tried your our Paypal Payment PRO default account hoping that if its works with your default test account this means the error is on my end. But still I get the same error.

I also saw that post and tried it but still didnt working.. sorry!
    @myke021403,

Very weird indeed.

I just tested our sandbox account on my test store and I'm seeing the same error as you. I don't have access to that account though, so have asked the team members that do to jump in and take a look at that.

In terms of you own account though - have you tried getting in touch with PayPal at all about it? They might be able to provide some more insights on any issues that may be affecting your account.
  • Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't able to reply last week. I decided to do the card testing in authorize.net since all I want for now is see how credit card works in subscriptions. I have the data I needed now.

Will do some more testing with paypal payment pro once I have finish all the backend part and will update this page if I get any success. Hopefully this doesn't happen on Live. :)

Thanks for you help guys!
    @myke021403,

It seems there was an issue with our PayPal sandbox account used within the administration - specifically a migration hadn't happened that needed to. So hopefully once that process is done the default testing account should work again.

Definitely let us know how you get on though. And if it still happened on live, that would point to something misconfigured with your account for sure.