The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Bluepay AVS code filters

zlbzlb Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2014
Hello,
I've got a store set up using Bluepay as the payment processor and would like to be able to customize the AVS filter codes for each transaction rather than just for the account through Bluepay.
According to them this is possible with their API.
The specific issue that that they return postal code not matched responses for Canadian customers no matter what, even if the customer enters the postal code right. What I'd like to be able to do is through their API pass different AVS codes to accept if it is a Canadian billing address than if it is a US or other international address.
Not sure if this is the right place to post of if I should post this as a feature request.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @zlb,

Could you clarify how that interaction would need to take place with Bluepay? Is this something that would need to be included with the payment request, or is something separate? Just want to make sure we understand what you're looking to achieve before we give any specific advice.
  • zlbzlb Member
    What I would like to be able to do is pass values to the AVS_ALLOWED variable in the payment request.
    From the Bluepay documentation:
    AVS_ALLOWED = A string containing all the acceptable AVS responses. Any other AVS response will cause the AUTH to DECLINE. '#' or not sent indicates all are allowed. For example, if you sent 'XYZ' and the AVS response is 'W' then the AUTH will be declined.
    I would need to be able to customize what values are passed based on the country of the billing address.

Also I am aware the Bluepay's documentation states that AVS_ALLOWED is deprecated but the support person I talked to at Bluepay said that it was still supported and they have not introduced any other way of handling it.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @zlb, could you add this to our requests board? http://requests.foxycart.com/
    We definitely see the problem here, and international AVS definitely gets frustrating. To be honest though, I don't know when we'll be able to prioritize this.

I don't suppose Bluepay wants to fix their own systems to change the "postal code not matched" behavior for all of Canada? If it just fundamentally doesn't work, that seems like an issue with their platform and ultimately one they should improve. (I'm really not trying to shift the blame or responsibility here, and I realize that _somebody_ needs to improve things. I'm just not sure when we'll be able to prioritize it, especially knowing it's deprecated.)
  • zlbzlb Member
    Done.
    Totally understand that this specific case isn't a priority, and agree that Bluepay should fix it, but they felt like blaming the Canadian banks instead.

Not sure if you'd consider adding the more general ability to add any custom values to the processor requests? Might be more useful for more people.

I haven't started looking at this yet but in my case I suppose I could add my own code to look at the processor response after it is received but before it is shown to the customer. Is that possible with the current way the checkout works?
    Thanks.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @zlb,

There isn't really a standard way to handle that unfortunately . The only way would be if you altered the template for your receipt template to redirect to your site on the first receipt load to perform some checking and then redirect back to the receipt when you're done. Depending on what you're doing that could work possibly.