Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Datafeed and Stock Deductions

bionik_mattbionik_matt Member
in Help edited April 2014
I was wondering what all of the different status values for a datafeed were in terms of if it's "approved", "declined" etc. Of those statuses, which would be the most logical to perform stock deductions on? For instance, a "declined" transaction should not deduct stock. I just have not been able to find a list of possible values.

I understand that a transaction may hit a few times per sale based on when the status of the transaction changes, so I want to make sure I'm not multiplying stock deductions for however many times this may be. I was wondering if the FoxyCart team had insight into this or if someone had already thought of this?
Tagged:
Comments
  • @fc_adam
    Searching through a couple test transactions I can no longer find anything about the status of a transaction. Is is a safe bet that when a transaction goes through it only does so when approved, so if it hits the data-feed it only does so once unless it's re-fed?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Pentagear,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Are you using any hosted gateways? Like Amazon FPS? That's where the status can come into play. It certainly can't hurt to confirm that the transaction is marked as "approved" as a safety check, but if you're not using one of the hosted gateways then you should be safe to assume that the transaction has indeed completed successfully.