The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Integrating foxycart into a pricing calculator

mreeemreee Member
in Help edited May 2014
I have a pricing calculator here: http://mindcentric.thelabelcreative.com/pricing_calculator/ for a hosting company that I want to integrate with Foxycart.

The calculator has functionality to add different quantities of servers with different settings which all effect the price. There are also different add ons and discounts. It is pretty complex and I am not sure how to integrate it with foxy.

I know I could use jQuery to fill foxy's hidden form values once the user hits the checkout button. But I do not know how to set this up for the servers since they are more dynamic.

I think the best/right way to do it would be to edit the main.js file so that the foxy input fields are generated and updated the same way as the cart on to the right of the calculator. I am not sure how to do this.

How would you reccommend integrating this calculator with Foxycart?

Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mreee,

If your calculator already requires jQuery to function, I'd suggest using javascript to also construct the add to cart link. There are many different ways you could approach it, depending how you want it to work.

One way would be to construct an array of products as the customer interacts with your form, and each time the user makes a change - update the array. Then, when the customer presses checkout, you would grab that array and construct an add to cart URL using all of the different products in it. You wouldn't need to actually output form inputs into the page - just dynamically create the add to cart URL and submit that in the add to cart call.
  • mreeemreee Member
    @fc_adam,

Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend a developer who would be able to help me achieve this?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mreee,

I'll whisper you some recommendations