/receipt page not registering on Google Analytics

mikey555mikey555 Member
in Help edited May 2014
Hi,

I inserted the script snippets from the [url="https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/googleanalytics_universal "]wiki page[/url] to their respectful templates before </head>, and replaced my Analytics account ID in all of them. /cart and /checkout both work - when I'm on the pages, Analytics recognizes when I'm there. However, on /receipt, nothing happens, and Analytics doesn't register a visit on the receipt.

My foxycart is scaredycut.foxycart.com.

Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mikey555,

Everything looks correct in your receipt template - how are you tracking the call for /receipt happening? Using the real-time section of your GA profile?

A quick heads up too - this also relates to your other thread - I see you're manually including the ecommerce calls at the bottom of your receipt page. You don't need to include them yourself, it's included as part of the GA integration you followed from our wiki. Specifically this line outputs the ecommerce tracking for GA:
    ^^analytics_google_ga_universal^^

• Thanks for the reply. Well I tried a transaction this morning and everything worked perfectly... Analytics now sees that I'm on /receipt.

I didn't realize that ^^analytics_google_ga_universal^^ covered item and transaction data sending so I wrote a script myself. For some reason it wasn't rendering yesterday. I'm not sure what was going on yesterday.

Thanks for the help!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mikey555,

The ecommerce data for analytics will only display on the first load of the receipt - to prevent any double-ups of conversions for your account. If you viewed the source of the page using a browser like Chrome, the view source action counts as a new page load - so the ecommerce section wouldn't display. You'd need to check for it's presence on the first load of a receipt using a browser inspection tool.

Glad you got it all working though!