The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Inconsistent Rebill Figures

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited May 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm going throw some screenshots up in a Whisper. I have several subscriptions on an account that don't have the rebill total that I was trying to achieve. I fear I setup the shipping incorrectly. However, when I look at the figures in the subscription XML template, they do add up to what I expect, but it's not the same is the total that appears in the summary.

I'll whisper the screens. Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston,

I believe what's happening is the subscription summary page is calculating the costs with the total shipping cost for the original transaction ($15.80), and not taking into account that half of that was a future shipping cost. The subscription renewal should work as you're seeing it in the XML template - so it should be charged the correct amount you're expecting. I'm going to ask another team member to take a look though and confirm that for me. We'll also work to get the subscription summary to display the correct price as well.
  • Awesome. Thanks Adam.
    @jlivingston,

Actually - while there does appear to be a discrepency in how we're displaying the subscription overview and the XML template, I'm wondering if this is in part related to you rolling your own custom flat rates for the shipping cost. As they're all the same price - is there a reason you're not just using a category shipping flat rate?
  • It has to do with a strange setup that my client needs. As the initial product is sent as a free trial, I need to set the subscription date for 30 days into the future. But if I do that, you're system subtracts the shipping cost. But though the first product is free, my client still wants to charge shipping for the trial product. This code has been carried over from another system that works a bit differently from this one, but this need is similar. So I'm simply attempting to force shipping costs on the initial product in spite of the future shipping settings imposed by Foxycart.

I hope that makes sense.
    @jlivingston - yep, but what I'm suggesting is setting the flat rate shipping cost on the normal, not subscription products category. That shipping shouldn't be subtracted as it's not a future shipping cost.