Incorrect checkout quantities and "ghost" cart

timconsidinetimconsidine Member
in Help edited May 2014
Doing final testing before going live and I notice that the checkout sometimes displays incorrect increased quantities of a product.
E.g. Click add-to-cart - cart shows product quantity of 1 - click checkout - checkout's mini-cart then shows quantity of 2

On investigation, after cancelling and clicking add-to-cart to go through again, a 2nd duplicated cart is shown below the first one when the user scrolls down the cart window.

If the user explicitly changes the cart quantities by amending and updating, then when proceeding to checkout, the quantities appear correctly, even when the 2nd ghost cart is shown.

Something screwy going on !
The page I am testing is http://saladseminars.com/nlp-belief-busting-sleight-of-mouth-mastery.php
NB site front page not live, but this page accessible via direct url

There is minimal added code for the cart, so I am confused why the ghost cart appears.

I'd be grateful if you could take a look and let me know if you see what is happening.

Thank you
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @timconsidine,

That is caused by duplicate foxycart.colorbox.js files in your page - if you remove the duplicate include, that should start working as expected. Looking at your pages source code, there is one at the top, and a second one at the bottom of your page. You've also got duplicated CSS includes as well. I think what's happening is you've included the FoxyCart includes files in your template, but PerchCMS is already including them for you too.
  • Ah OK <blush>

Thank you for the clear insight.

My hosting company is down at the moment, so I can't fix or get going, but will do so soon.

I have started my foxycart subscription and ordered custom ssl.
    I have recommended foxycart to others - great system.

Thanks yet again @fc_adam, you're a star.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    No worries at all! Glad I could help - and thanks for recommending us to others - that really means a lot!